Thursday, March 3, 2011

Steam Review - Bulletstorm (Plus, Braid is on Sale!!)

So, I'm sure you've all heard a lot about Bulletstorm, it was pretty hyped up back when it was first starting to get coverage and since then it's blown up quite quickly. Basically, its an FPS with a bit of a scoring system, which I'll go into detail on later. The first thing you need to know about this game is, ITS AWESOME. This is one of the first games in a while that I've actually enjoyed playing every second of, and I've yet to talk to someone who doesn't absolutely love it.

The game itself is pretty fast-paced, and feels very smooth and fluid in the way that it works. Essentially, it's an FPS with a scoring system based on how you kill people, called "skillshots" (i.e. you get a skillshot for a headshot, a throat shot, etc.) There's absolutely TONS of these killshots and they're incredibly fun to discover and perform. Some of the best include "Pricked", which involves pushing a person into a cactus and killing them, "Rear Entry" which you get for shooting an enemy in the ass, and "Bullet Kick" which you get for using the kick ability and then shooting your enemy at close range.

The game so far is fun as hell, but the story is fairly weak and hard to care about, but that'll all be made up for the first time you get awarded for shooting a guy in the ass, I promise. The graphics are absolutely stunning and the game runs very smoothly on highest settings on my PC (I'll post my specs on the page.)

As of now, the game has no online multiplayer, but it's speculated that it will be coming out shortly (which will be amazing.) Once it comes out, I'll be sure to give you guys my info and wreck it up ;P

Here's the link for Bulletstorm on Steam, I highly recommended you buy it if you're interested. - http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/99810/


Also, Braid is on sale, 70% off (which makes it a mere $2.99). This game is more than worth it, I had tons of fun with it a while back, and if you don't have it yet, you'd be stupid not to buy it now. Here's the link - http://store.steampowered.com/app/26800/?snr=1_4_4__40

8 comments:

  1. just followed you! would you reccomend steam to a newbie? is it easy to figure things out quickly? I used to have it back in the days of CS... but stopped playing alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Skylife - Yeah, Steam is easy enough to use still. Its still a really crappy client, but there's really no problems with it aside from how slow it can be sometimes. As for games, just play what you like, but some of my favs are Team Fortress 2, any of the Counter Strikes (if you like the older-style shooters), L4D and L4D2 have pretty good communities online and are still quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review will be following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to buy Bulletstorm! I still need to finish a couple games I'm playing, but I'll certainly check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review! Going to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a good one. Paying $60 seems a bit much for it at the moment, but once they put out the online play it'll be more than worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the links, there are some nice treats.

    ReplyDelete